Explained: Caressingly Crafted Core
- CCC: Caressingly Crafted Core
- BB: Building Blocks training method
- Micro Block: Exercise
- Macro Block: A combination or number of different Micro Blocks
In any instance with our BB training method we offer a Home version denoted by an .H at the end of a Macro Block e.g. CCC.H and a Gym version denoted by a .G at the end of the Macro Block e.g. CCC.G
The CCC.G & CCC.H consists of the following Micro Blocks: Sit ups, Leg raises and Lateral crunches.
I chose these Micro Blocks because they are my favourite core exercises and because they hit the big muscles rectus abdominus and obliques. Great for shaping and crafting a core ;-)
Ideally you should ask a Personal Trainer or some form of Fitness Professional who guides you with these exercises to ensure good form and for you to get the most out of them.
If you don't have a professional at hand, here are some general teaching points and guidelines you should consider:
- Warm up
- Always keep your back/spine in a neutral position by engaging your core muscles. This can be accomplished by firstly looking at your posture in a mirror and secondly by trying to pull your belly button towards your spine.
- When performing abdominal exercises it is important to concentrate on what the spine is doing. If it tilts the exercise is too hard and needs to be adjusted.
- During the leg raises exercise try to tilt your pelvic area towards your belly button.
- To get the most out of sit ups squeeze those abs together during every flexion.
- Practice the movements without weights and ensure you get the form right
- Always perform slow and controlled movements
- Don't forget to stretch off post workouts. This encourages muscle shaping and flexibility
Please follow the links below to sign up(don't worry it's free) and to use and log your progress on the CCC.
Enjoy and don't be shy to get in touch if you need more information or just fancy a chat :-)